Here is a list of homecoming events happening at Lewis Clark State College…
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2
Pancakes with the President – 8-9:30 a.m., Student Union Building
- Warrior Wednesday Woodstock Tie Dye Party – Tie dying of the Homecoming T-shirts, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., east entrance to the Student Union Building. There will also be games and prizes.
- T-shirt Swap – 1:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., east entrance to the Student Union Building. Bring a shirt from any other college or university and exchange it for a Warrior4Life T-shirt.
- Crafternoon – 2-3 p.m., LCSC Library. There will be rock painting (1969 theme), button making, and various other crafts. Popcorn will be provided.
- Bed Ins For Peace Bed Races – 3-5 p.m., sidewalk between Meriwether-Lewis Hall and 6th Street. Teams of five (four runners and one rider) will be judged in three categories, speed, style and spirit.
- Alumni Awards Celebration – 6 p.m., LCSC Center for Arts & History. Tickets are $10 per persons (free for honorees and their guests). Tickets are available online at lcsc.edu/alumni or by calling 208–792-2458.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3
- Campus decorating judging – 9 a.m. All campus offices, departments, and residence halls are encouraged to decorate for Homecoming. A yearly traveling trophy will be awarded to the winner. To enter the decorating contest, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Career Fair – 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Activity Center. Employers interested in hiring LC State students will be on campus. This is open to college students and LC State alums only. More information can be found at lcsc.joinhandshake.com.
- After The Fair Social – 4:30-6:30 p.m., Sacajawea Hall Atrium. The Nursing and Health Sciences Division will hold a social for healthcare employers who attend the Career Fair. The social will provide networking opportunities for NHS students and alumni to talk with employers around the region. This is open to NHS students and alums of the program only along with the healthcare employers.
- Lip Sync Battle – 7 p.m., Silverthorne Theatre. Students, alumni, and faculty/staff are welcome to participate. The registration deadline is Sept. 25 and is limited to the first 20 acts. Songs are limited to 90 seconds. A panel of judges will determine the winners and prizes will be awarded to the top two individuals and best group. To register, contact Debbie Kolstad at email@example.com.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4
- Apollo 11 Moon Landing Kickball Tournament – 12-1 p.m., Library Lawn. LC State student teams will take on LC faculty and staff teams. To register a team, contact Holly Daugherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LCSC Archives Open House – 2-4 p.m., LCSC Library. Several college archives will be on display. Sponsored by the LC State library and alumni association.
- Steven Branting presentation on “Blood, Sweat & Cheers: A Brief History of LCSC Athletics, the first 75 years.” – 4 p.m., Sacajawea Hall Room 112. Before the run of 19 NAIA national baseball championships began, the college fielded a variety of teams and individuals whose exploits filled local and regional sports pages. The presentation will tell some of their stories.
- Downtown Art Walk – 5-9 p.m., downtown Lewiston. Alumni and students can stop by the LC State alumni table at the Center for Arts & History, located at 415 Main St. in Lewiston, and pick up a complimentary pilsner glass.
- Tailgate – 5-6:30 p.m., Activity Center parking lot. There will be food, games and prizes.
- LCSC volleyball vs. Carroll – 7 p.m., Activity Center. Match has a hippie theme and fans are encouraged to dress as hippies. Winners of Warrior Flag Find and office decorations will be announced.
- Gimme S’more Loving Fire Pit Mix and Mingle – 9 p.m., multi-use field on 6th Street across from Harris Field. After the volleyball game, enjoy making s’mores around a fire pit.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5
- 10th annual Native American Alumni Golf Tournament – 8:30 a.m., shotgun start. Clarkston Golf and Country Club. The four-person scramble has a registration fee of $75, which includes green fees, cart and a barbecue lunch. Register here
- Guided Tree Tours – 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., corner of 6th Street and 9th Avenue. Fee is $13. The LC State Arboretum Committee has identified 14 trees or tree groupings that highlight the campus arboretum. The tour will discuss tree identification, fun facts. The tour is approximately 1 mile. Pre-registration is required. To take part, please register and pay for the 10 a.m. tour or 2 p.m. tour.
- LCSC volleyball vs. Montana Tech – 2 p.m., Activity Center.
- LCSC men’s basketball Alumni Game – 5 p.m., Activity Center. For any basketball alums interesting in playing, contact Austin Johnson at either email@example.com or 208–792-2865.
- Alumni 101: Paint and Sip – 6-9 p.m., Art Uncorked, located at 620 Main St. in Lewiston. Fee is $20 per person. LC State alum Myndie VanHorn will guide participants step-by-step through an LC-themed painting. Participants are encouraged to bring snacks and drinks of choice (those 21 and older may bring alcohol, but must have a valid ID to show age). Cups, bottle openers, and ice will be provided. Participants must be at least 18 years of age. Pre-registration is required.