If you are outgoing and crave a fun work environment, we would love for you to join our team! You will enjoy meeting new people, helping the staff create awesome promotions, and helping local businesses succeed! You must be able to write and speak clearly and effectively. Creativity is a definite plus, a high school diploma and driver’s license are required and some type of sales or radio experience would be helpful.
Radio Sales Account Executive
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking, and social media
- Listen to needs of clients and help find creative solutions
- Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs
- Prepare and deliver presentations and sales promotion ideas
- Accurately turn ideas and solutions into successful radio commercials
- Prepare and report on goals, sales, and prospects
- Participate in special events hosted and promoted by McVey Entertainment Group
- Negotiate and close deals; handle complaints or objections
- Keep client accounts current (collection calls may be required)
Sales Executive Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Prior experience as a sales executive is helpful
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Full-time, 9am to 5pm Monday thru Friday
- Base salary plus 15% commission on collections
- Goal-oriented bonuses
- Paid major holidays
- Sick leave
- 2-weeks PTO after your first year
McVey Entertainment Group is an EEO.
Click here and email your resume with “Account Executive” in the subject line.
McVey Entertainment Group in Lewiston, Idaho has a rare, immediate opening for a news director and morning show contributor.
If you are energetic, passionate about local news, can connect with the community and are able to create compelling content, we want to talk to you! You will also be a part of the Z-Rock morning show, so having quick-wit and a sense of humor is a plus.
Your daily work will include preparing, producing, editing and delivering local news on-air and online. Duties include general reporting, live breaking news and anchoring newscasts on 3 different stations. Digital and social media skills are a must.
- Gather and summarize raw information from various, reliable sources and/or media outlets, and present it in an informative and detailed, yet concise way.
- Discern between what is actual “news” and what is not, i.e. factual content versus gossip and hearsay. Ask, “Why does the listener need/want to know this?”
- Write and edit news copy for on-air broadcasts, public service announcements, and web posts
- Produce and announce on-air radio news reports in a timely manner
- Conduct interviews with spokespeople, law enforcement, and other officials
- Edit digital audio using Adobe Audition
- Cultivate strong working relationships with state and community leaders and other news contacts/sources
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of radio and/or other relevant media experience.
News director reports directly to the station owner, who is also the morning show host on Z-Rock 96.5.
This position is M-F approximately 6am to Noon
Paid major holidays, sick leave and 2 weeks vacation per year
Casual, family-owned work environment with less than 10 employees
Job Type: Full-time
Click here and email your resume with “News Director” in the subject line.